Let's start with the mediocre and then get to the fun stuff! So as I said, I have not had much luck in the job hunt. Soon after my last post, I received a call from a hiring manager at the company my aunt works for--a medical device company--to set up an interview for a territory representative position in West Virginia. Never before had I seen my self moving there, but with this potential opportunity, it became more and more of a possibility. It didn't seem too far fetched. Well, one Ann Taylor suit later, and I was all set to drive the 4 hours to Charleston for my interview.
|The excitement on my face is anything but faked.|
And then, like adding insult to injury, I walked in to a flooded apartment! My roommate was gone for beach week, and I had been home to care for my mom/her house. My first thought was, "Did MK leave something on?" But I know she's smarter than that. Turns out that the water heater broke and consequently flooded the hallway and halfway into both bedrooms. Let me tell you, it's really hard to keep it together when everything seems to be going wrong at the same time.
As for that lovely suit pictured up there--I had to return it. I have no immediate use for a $300 suit, and it was hanging in my closet taunting me. But through all of this, I'm trying to stay positive and keep looking. And weigh my options. That obviously wasn't meant to be. And there are many more people out there with problems far greater than mine. I may be moving back home in a week and a half, which sure feels like failure, but it's the financially responsible thing to do at this point and will give me even more motivation to stay there as temporarily as possible.
The Fun Stuff
Like I said, I've also had my share of fun in the past few weeks. Which is probably easier to demonstrate in picture form:
To sum it up...
Races I've Run:
- MetroDash: 600m run interspersed with obstacles, VB
- Run 4 Their Lives: 10k run (there was also a 5k option), Cville
- Bedrock Trail 1/2 Marathon: Walnut Creek Park (1st trail run), Cville
- Wine tasting with Katie, Cville
- Dinner and margs with my Newsplex crew, Cville
- Cupcakes with Sissy, VB
- Precious puppytime and cookout, VB
- Boat!, VB
And from here, I will stay positive and cherish every last day in Charlottesville. Oh, and sign up for/run races galore!
Races in the Coming Months:
- 4 the Wounded 5k: June 2nd, Cville
- Color Me Rad 5k: July 21st, Richmond
- ASYMCA 8k Mud Run: August 11th, VB
- ECSC 8k, VB OR MidAtlantic Super Spartan (8+ miles/20+ obstacles), Leesburg: August 25th
- Rock 'n' Roll 1/2 Marathon: September 2nd, VB