Friday 5 (Five)
1. Remi Max Lynn--How terrible am I for just now mentioning the introduction into this world of little Remi Max Lynn, the cutest premi ever known to man? Weighing in at a whopping 3 pounds, 15 ounces, 19-inches long (I'll let you figure out that height to weight ratio), he's a sure contender to steal the hearts of many, including his loving parents, some of my favorite/best Charlottesville friends, Stacy and Jesse Lynn. While I have yet to hold this little bundle of joy (and yes, this officially makes me Auntie Liz to more than just pups, seeing as Stacy is my "sister from another mister...and missus"), the pictures are more than enough for now.
|Jesse and Remi|
|The radiant Stacy and Remi|
2. Fast and Furious 6-- Go see it. If it's not on your weekend plans, it should be. Reasons? Um, do you really need any other than the fact that
But in all honesty, this was a great movie. It saw it having just seen Dwayne in Pain and Gain the weekend before, so I'm all set with my Rock fix. The storyline was great. The action was great. And most importantly, I didn't fall asleep or feel the urge to check my phone for time (although I did check it for other reasons once) every 10 minutes. That's a BIG plus in my book. I have the attention span of a dog surrounded by squirrels, birds, and bunnies all at the same time.
3. Crossing off "Firsts"-- I don't have any photographic evidence (I didn't want to be that girl surrounded by a bunch of macho guys), but I went to a shooting range for the first time ever on Saturday morning. This is something I've been wanting to do. I can't really explain why, other than I felt it was a testament to my badass-ery and most importantly, I do think that everyone should at least know how to fire a gun. I have a friend from the gym that teaches a defensive shooting class, and I've been contemplating enrolling in that. I like knowing that if I found myself in a life-threatening situation, I could defend myself. As of now, I could maybe outrun someone, but I doubt that's really going to save my life.
Jumping ships for a hot second, tonight I will also be crossing off another "first." Not sure if I should bring my hooker heels and my daddy issues with me, but it's my friend, Keith's, birthday weekend and a group of us are venturing down to Richmond to go to a strip club. I was asked if I wanted to join, and I think I said yes in a heartbeat. What exactly does that say about me? Ha! But since I'm in prep, I offered to be the DD. I hope this bunch knows that I expect free club sodas all night long. Complete with a lime wedge, please!
4. Unknown beauty-- I've had a few conversations with some (male) friends lately about my dating game
5. Sunshine-- I need a beach. ASAP. I need to be out in a bikini soaking up some sun because it is so freaking nice out and I feel pretty pale. I need color. I thrive on warm weather. The only downside to all this sun is that the long days are throwing me off. It's still light out at 8pm? Hard to wind down by 10pm when my body and my mind are saying two different things. I can't wait until I can sleep in past 5:05am every morning. And yet, I do not wish prep to fly by that quickly...
And with that, I'm out. Off to see the orthopedist this morning--wish me luck! And don't forget to guess what I hinted at yesterday. Winner will be announced Sunday afternoon. If no one is correct, the care package will go to the best incorrect answer.