Tenecia at Boobs, Barbells, and Broccoli tagged me in this simple but fun blog game--let's call it The 12
Here are the rules:
1) You must post the rules.
2) Post 12 fun facts about yourself on the blog post.
3) Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, then create 12 new questions for the people you tagged.
4) Tag 12 people and link them in your post.
5) Let them know you've tagged them!
- I am the only redhead in my immediate family--this means
I'm adoptedI've endured numerous jokes from my siblings about being adopted, etc. Obviously they are just jealous!
- I believe your car should reflect your personality, but unfortunately for me, mine does not do so well in that regards. 2004 Toyota Corolla, you may be reliable, good on mileage, etc., but you are not the car version of me. Honda Element--I would love to drive you! ...Oh wait, I am reliable and good on mileage? Hmmm, I guess I need to rethink this!
- I am exactly as I appear on my blog--extremely sarcastic, witty, and
decent on the eyes. That last part only has a strike-through so I don't seem vain. Apparently it's better if others call you pretty but you don't willingly admit that. I defy these rules.
- I have absolutely no idea what I want to do with my professional life. I have a few ideas I'm working on (or have been but got thrown to the wayside while I was travelling for my current position at Loft), but I am one of those people that doesn't know if they like something until they try it. And if you recall correctly, the last time I tried my hand at a full-time job, it was a bust. Hey, I learned what I don't want to do though!
- Small cities annoy me (ever run into people you can't stand/want more than anything to forget??). Dirty cities scare me (prime example is downtown Richmond--I don't want to walk out of my apartment building at 8am to see degenerates STILL drinking out of brown paper bags). I would love to live in the fast lane for a while, and somewhere like Atlanta has definitely been on my mind. Or South Carolina somewhere. At least in a city relatively coastal. Somewhere that a bikini 24/7 is suitable--yes, I'd sleep in that sucker
on the beach in a chaise with a fun cocktail in my hand and carbs don't matter. I think Atlanta is a little too far inland for that?
- I can eat completely healthy as long as unhealthy food is not present. I can resist unhealthy food at the grocery store and opt for the better options. But if there is unhealthy food, I will eat it
and feel like utter guilty shit later.
- I'm kinda sorta afraid of heights--let's just say back in elementary school when we had field trips to lighthouses (keep in mind I grew up in Virginia Beach), I could climb to the top of the spiral stairs, but as soon as we got to the last bit--the ladder to the top--I couldn't do it.
- I'm extremely ticklish and make many crazy noises while being tickled, gasping for air, and trying to yell "stop!"I secretly find it somewhat fun(ny) though! <--Forget you read that last sentence.
- I'm selfish when it comes to health. I don't like to be around sick people, I don't like people in my space at the gym, I often blow off plans to workout or because I'm tired from working out. And (don't hate me!) I don't want kids because I work hard for how I look and
don't want a baby messing that upI'd rather be Auntie Liz to all my friend's assumingly adorable kids.
- I've been asked if I'm from an exotic island before. This was back maybe 3 years ago, when I was much paler than I am now. And no, the person asking was not referring to Ireland. In actuality, I'm only 1/16 Irish...which would help explain why I am able to tan so easily. Maybe I should roll with this whole exotic persona for a while. I think I can pick up an accent if I really wanted to.
- I pronounce some words VERY oddly. Recently, the most noticeably oddly pronounced word is "home." Something with the "o" that I can't really explain. Maybe too much enunciation? Regardless, I embrace it...and then point it out so others can joke me for it.
- I also use some very odd terminology. I've been joked for using the word "joke" as a verb (although it really is a verb as well as a noun!). I refer to the television remote as the "tuner." Things like that. Around certain people I consciously correct myself... I think that's part of why my grandma used to point out how "southern" I am when I was younger and used to visit her in upstate New York.
- How do you like your eggs? Omelet-style! With tons of hot sauce, some onion powder, a tad bit of garlic powder, and spinach/some other green leafy veggie mixed in. I have this down to a science that I execute every morning. But I use egg whites only. True story.
- Favorite movie quote: The only one I can think of right now: "Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people just don't shoot their husbands, they just don't." --From Legally Blonde. Really I just love Reese Witherspoon.
- Last book you read. Does my Medical Sales Training Program count? If not, do magazines count? How about a picture book that my Bestie made me for Christmas? No?? Well darn it, I have no clue then!
Yes, that's extremely sad, and I'm aware of it.
- If you had $500 to spend on whatever you wanted, what would you buy? Hahahaha, I would want to buy a lot, most notably a Garmin GPS watch, but I'd feel bad for spending that much money on one item... So I'd probably buy some (much-needed) new jeans and spend the rest on workout gear--clothing, some weights, etc. Really, I should just invest the money instead.
- What's your "go to" recipe? Lean meat with some mix of Mrs. Dash seasoning, garlic powder, and onion powder.
Don't worry, my oral hygiene is excellent and I carry a toothbrush/paste around with me in my purse.I'm also a pro at baking peanut butter blossom cookies--I have the recipe practically memorized!
- What concert(s) will you be going to this year? Uh, this isn't really on my agenda for this year. Change "concerts" to "states" and I can answer with: West Virginia, and wherever I move (my lease is up in May--eek!)
- Favorite candy: Cinnamon bears! But they are SO hard to come by. I would essentially have to order them offline if I really wanted them that badly.
- What is the best piece of advice you've received? Focus on yourself. There will always be other competitions, etc.
- What was the first job you ever had? I was a hostess at a local BBQ restaurant called Jake's Barbecue. I'd come home smelling like smoked food. It was pretty gross.
- Do you untie your shoes before you take them off? 99 times out of 100, yes.
- What is your best feature/body part/characteristic? EVERYTHING! Kidding--obviously my hair. I think I would get yelled at if I answered with anything besides that.
- If you could learn to do anything, what would it be? I would love to learn to be an entrepreneur. There's one aspect of that which doesn't need to be learned, but I would love to be able to put my ideas into action. Business/commerce school would probably help with this.
- What has been your favorite age so far in your life? Why?
- If you could be cast in any television show, reality or scripted, which would it be?
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
- If you were cast on Fear Factor, what would be your downfall?
- If you were given the option to have one life event do-over would you take it? What would it be?
- Do you have any unusual bedtime rituals?
- What bad habit do you just NEED to break?
- If you had an unlimited budget and could live in any sort of living arrangement, where would you live (aka apartment, condo, house, etc) and how would you decorate?
- If you had to shop in only one clothing store for the rest of your life, which would it be?
- What would your ideal day be playing hooky on a warm day?
- What is your favorite non-alcoholic beverage? Alcoholic?
- Would you party with me?
- Wendy at Connecticut Cupcake
- Ayla at AAlexandra
- Libby at Feel My Hustle
- Lisa at Lisa's World
- Kristin at Size Matters
- miss t at A Protein Martini
- Nini at A Fine Balance
- Hollie at Fueled By Lolz
- Donloree at Bikini or Bust
Hmm I think that's enough of you gals for now! Have at it!
PS Excuse the odd white highlighting--don't know how to fix that!
PS Excuse the odd white highlighting--don't know how to fix that!