- Playing through the pain: As I mentioned the other day on my blog, the Nike Free Run 3's that I purchased a couple months back are not too nice to my feet. Well, today the Vibrams decided to join Team Pain and were rubbing a little bit too. And when I say a little bit, I mean enough to make me walk sans shoes for the last half mile so I could just get back home. But I stuck it out for a good 4.5 miles before then! I have to admit, it's my own fault, because I think it's been a while since I last washed my Vibrams, and honestly, I probably need a new pair. They aren't the sturdiest things when they pass their mileage expiration date. Oops! Regardless, I made it my mission to finish what I started, the running loop that I intended to do, without cutting off any mileage. I may have had to walk there toward the end, but knowing that my willpower is stronger than my pain threshold is definitely something to love!
- Workout options: It's no secret that sometimes I just don't feel like doing Workout A or Workout B. I went into today fully planning on hitting up the CrossFit gym after work--it seemed like a great workout! EMOTM (Every Minute on the Minute) for 10 minutes of 5 burpees, 5 kettle bell swings, and 5 box jumps. Well, I got out of work a bit early and was too impatient to wait around for 45 minutes for class to start, so I headed home and out the door for the aforementioned run. Mid-run, I stopped at the neighborhood playground and did my version of "box jumps" using one of the park benches as my "box." I intended to add burpees to the rotation, but there have been signs up all over the park saying it's being treated for fire ants, so I decided not to chance it. Nonetheless, having the option to workout in a class setting or by myself is nice these days. Especially when I need to clear my mind, like today.
- The public library: I'm still working on finding good books to read, but up until the other week, it had been about 4 or 5 years since I had been to a library that was not run by a university. And it was the first time in that time span that I checked out books purely for pleasure and nothing more. Although, I have to admit, I pretty much just randomly took books off the shelf that seemed interesting by title alone. This is where I need your help (I'm talking to you, T!!)--if you have any book recommendations that you are willing to share with me, please do tell! I've heard great things about The Happiness Project and I had that on hold, but it came in when I was out of town and the hold expired when I was in NYC, so I'll have to get back on that list.
- Life reorganization: More to come on this in the coming days, but I'm (hopefully) getting my life together. Not that it's in shambles or anything, but we can all use some self-improvement, right? Yes, yes--I'm being very vague again, but I'm a superstitious girl. To an extent. Just keep me in your thoughts and send some good vibes my way, will you?
- Feel-good running songs: I realized mid-run today that the following song is one of my favorite songs to run to. Have you ever seen a white girl try to sing and dance while
skippingrunning through the neighborhood? Well, if you haven't, please try to picture me doing that. Because that's exactly what I was doing. Oh right, the song:
- My other fave song right now: Life is Getting Better by Javier Colon
What a voice!
What are you loving this week?? Any favorite songs to workout to?