Wednesday, May 1, 2013

April Showers...

It's been raining for 3 days off and on (mostly on) here in Charlottesville. Luckily, you know what they say: April showers bring May flowers goals. I actually am blessed to have both on my hands.

Half of the gorgeous view in my backyard.

New May Goals
May Goals

I've not been much of a visual goal person, but there's a first time for everything. I know plenty of people who write down what they want to accomplish on a certain day/week/month. It's very gratifying for them being able to cross things off as they finish their goals.

Many of the ones I chose have to do with fitness/workouts (obviously) and yet they don't include things like the half marathons I have coming up--I figure that's a given that those are going to get checked off. Looking at numbers 4, 5, and 6, you can see that I am in a mindset to target train. This is something that Kevin and I don't quite see eye to eye on, since bikini is a softer look than figure, but it's not like I'm a. going heavy or b. doing that much damage. I know what works for my body and I know what I want to tone--abs and legs have gotten the OK, but bis and tris are for my own personal satisfaction.

Other goals have to do with living a better life--cut my technologically-bound time, socialize without feeling the need to drink along with others, and refuse to feel guilty for knowing what I want. The latter two speak for themselves, but the first one...oh, the first one. I've had a couple of friends call me out for being attached to my phone, or multi-tasking on the internet while watching movies at home, etc. So in the spirit of proving them wrong trying to cut that tie, I'm limiting myself. Today's Day 1--wish me luck!

Then there's a couple in there about being healthier by cutting caffeine intake and increasing my water intake. I'm pretty good about the water, but caffeine and I get along so well that it's going to be hard to let him go. No more than 1 cup of coffee before I leave for work in the morning?! What am I thinking?? I think that pretty much, that means I'm limiting myself to 2 cups per day, because sometimes I need that pick-me-up on the road. Driving is a rough life! Caffeine gets me through it.

Gym Progress

As is to be expected, progress is being made in the gym, although this week is a little bit of an oddball for me, along with next week. With those 2 halfs coming up, I've had to rethink training smart and fueling properly. Today will be my last hard training day before the Pittsburgh Half, and it's back/traps/bis today. Oh, and abs. I've gotten in morning cardio, but not much else. Maybe a run to shake it out. Tomorrow will be one last running day, a little tricep action, light legs, and plenty of stretching to loosen up. Friday--fasting morning cardio at a moderate intensity. Saturday--same. Sunday--half marathon.

I'm not used to being such an intense planner, but I'm also not used to being the crazy chick that signs herself up for 2 half marathons in the middle of prep. Dog sitting for my friends have also left me feeling off my game because I'm not allowed to have pets at my place, so I'm staying at theirs while they are on a baby-moon. While I love the pup, trying to keep my routine while at someone else's place (and allotting extra time for early morning/late evening dog walks) has made me a little more hectic than usual.

Anyway, I've shared mine; now you share yours. What are your monthly May goals??

No comments:

Post a Comment