Tuesday, May 3, 2011

You have to be kidding me...

I want this keyboard--especially love
the "enter" key!
A BIG uh-oh! So the past few days, more than one of my meals has been egg whites. Now, the carton of liquid egg whites says 1/4 cup is 1 egg. This seemed like a hell of a lot of a bit too much food to me, so I just googled the conversion. What did I find? 2 tablespoons is 1 egg white, 3 tablespoons is one whole egg. I've been eating too much!!! I kinda felt that I was eating too much anyway, but then again, I'm used to eyeballing it, which is me ultimately estimating how much, say, 3 ounces is (I was probably "measuring" out half of that and calling it 3 ounces). WAHHHHHH--I FEEL FAT! But you know what, it's okay, because: A. it's protein and B. at least I found out early on. See, I can do this whole optimism thing! :)

I do want to apologize for being MIA for two a few days, but I was really stressing my entire grade final paper for my biometeorology class. Good news though--the due date got pushed back to Friday (of course I found this out in class when I was freaking out all morning yesterday). I had to miss a cardio sesh because of it, but it's okay, I'll make it up, even if a day late. Which reminds me, I had an amazing run outdoors this morning--I managed to catch the sunrise & it was BEAUTIFUL!! Put a smile on my face for sure--I do believe it is going to be a good day (even though it is my last day at the newsplex, tear, tear).

Typical nice day in Historic Downtown Charlottesville
And I'll be done with all my papers, a.k.a. the semester, a.k.a. COLLEGE, by Friday night! Only three papers between now and then--not too bad. It's hard to keep up with reading/writing my blog(s) though, so I apologize in advance if you don't hear from me a whole lot this week. I do want to let you in on a little piece of info though--I have an interview tomorrow morning! Okay, so it's not for a "career" job, but it will work out well til I find one of those. Charlottesville has an amazing Historic Downtown area, which is full of restaurants and small businesses, and the occasional yoga studio, etc. Well, long story short, a friend from back home now lives here and he recommended me to his boss...andddddd he's 99% sure that I have a job hostessing/waitressing at the restaurant he works at! In the Charlottesville restaurant business, working downtown is practically the most desirable area to work--big $$ to be made, especially during the summer when you can sit outside and enjoy a nice meal in beautiful weather. So wish me luck, but it looks like I'm golden for this one!

"No mom, you're wrong--
I own this bed!"
In other news, little Archie has had a BIG week! He's learning to go potty like a man ;) and he taught himself to jump on the bed--which is pretty high for him. Now that I think about it, that could be a bad thing, the jumping, but it's still exciting. I remember when he wasn't able to walk up stairs on his own just a few months ago... My little gentleman is growing up so fast! Then one day he's going to go off to college and I'll have an empty nest... Oh wait, he's a dog--scratch that!

Edit: I'm thinking of purchasing a tub of powdered egg whites to cut down on cost since I go through so many. Has anyone tried this? Am I able to cook them on the stove top (adding water according to directions) just like I would normal egg whites?? I'm having a hard time using google to answer this question.

No comments:

Post a Comment