Saturday, January 15, 2011

95%

95% is how I can describe my back at this moment. It's feeling a lot better than a few days ago, but I'm not quite 100% yet. In fact, last night I went to bed with a Thermacare back patch on (SO warm on a cold winter's night). Yesterday, however, was my off day. I did not intend for it to be that way, but I just never made it to the gym, as plans kept creeping up on me: haircut, shopping for my internship wardrobe (luckily I didn't break the bank!), doggy play date, dinner with my brother and sister-in-law, and catching up with a friend. I am the slightest bit disappointed in myself for this reason but I didn't want to mess up my hair!, and to top it off, dinner was at a mexican restaurant. I tried to be healthy, but I can't say that I actually know the nutritional content of the "Fiesta Taco Salad with Grilled Chicken" that I ordered. Granted I didn't eat the sour cream or the deep-fried taco shell. I do have to admit to indulging in a few chips though, dang it!

Okay, so shying away from the food aspect... I woke up this morning earlier than expected and was all gung-ho about taking a class at Gold's this morning. I looked up the class times and everything and walked into the gym toting my yoga mat. After a quick warmup on the elliptical (quick = 30 min), I realized I didn't see anyone going into the GGX room with mats. That's when it occurred to me I had been looking at classes for FRIDAY accidentally. Somehow due to my laziness, sitting on the couch the past 2 days because of the combination of not having to work and relaxing to help my back, my mind missed a day and thought today was Friday. Needless to say, I was more than a little frustrated that I miscalculated and was unable to take the class right when I was finally courageous enough to struggle along in the back of the room participate in BodyFlow. At this point, my mind had checked out of its cardio mindset, so I wasn't about to hop on the stairs like I would normally do. Instead, I did a few minutes of stretching and some abs. Kevin was out of town yesterday and today, which may have something to do with my lack of motivation (though I'm sure he would say 30 minutes of cardio is enough since that's not my priority).

On a bright note: Kevin asked me the other day if I had started to notice any clothing fitting differently. My first reaction-- "You have to be kidding me, I'm about a week in and he already thinks I should be seeing results in my clothing?? Get real!" But now, I can honestly say that I do notice at least somewhat of a difference, especially in pants. And I feel more confident lounging around in a sports bra. Good thing it's the dead of winter, because no one would want to see Pale Liz running around in a sports bra and shorts--I don't know how some girls do it even at the gym! Cover up, its FREEZING! Don't get me wrong, I only wear a tad more than sports bra and shorts (I can't do the whole workout pant thing--too hot!), usually wearing just an additional UA tee or a tank. But when I walk into the gym, it is far from hot in there even with the more-than-usual, soon-gonna-fail new years resolutioners giving off more body heat. To each their own!

Luckily, I think Kevin is coming back tomorrow, because I'm SURE I need a good butt-kicking! I probably shouldn't say that because he's going to think it's time to do legs when it's actually bis and tris...

No comments:

Post a Comment