Friday, January 21, 2011

A Balancing Act of Sorts

Today marks the end of the first (partial) week of classes of my last semester of college and an even longer weekend. I can already tell it's going to be a daunting load. Luckily I think I will manage though. However, this is my list of responsibilities/priorities (not in order): class, training, my internship at the NewsPlex, work at LOFT, the puppy, my sorority (still debating this), and work at Ruby Tuesday (an even bigger debate). As you can see I have a lot on my plate; the bolded ones reflect the most important activities right now. All this AND try to maintain a vague representation of a social life.

So far so good though! I've had 3 days of classes and I've managed to keep on schedule with my workouts and bring healthy snacks to eat throughout the day! These usually consist of the following: a protein shake (got my new Muscle Milk powders in the mail the other day), a pack of mixed nuts (Planters NUTrition because of the lower sodium), and sometimes string cheese. However, I have noticed that I've been slacking on my written nutrition/workout journal. It's a bit harder to keep up with it amidst everything else going on (homework, work, etc).

I do have to admit, this weekend was tough. It started out going well, until Friday night hit. Up until this point, I have only had 2, maybe 3 drinks in one sitting (usually several hours). Well, let's just say I got caught up in the festivities of the night and a) lost track of how much I was drinking, causing b) a massive hangover lasting all the following day. Luckily, I did manage to get in a workout every day this weekend, but once again, nutrition got pushed to the wayside. Today I managed to get back on track by cooking healthy food for the week (or however long it lasts). Ground turkey, black beans, asparagus, and brown rice--all DELICIOUSLY healthy! Now I just have to keep at it!

Anyway, just wanted to post since it's been a few days. I've been going up in weights slowly! Yet, at the same time, I still feel weak. I have noticed my shoulders getting more definition (in my opinion). Hopefully soon I can get some pictures up here (eye candy if you will...NOT)! Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment