Monday, February 7, 2011

Manic Monday

So I'm about 5 weeks into the new year and although nutrition isn't quite up to par (darn you, college and weekend festivities!), I'm doing really well with my training. Unfortunately, this week was a little bit off for me--I took off 3 days instead of the normal one lonely day without lifting. However, that's not to say that I've made improvements--I can now squat MORE than my body weight--woohoo, and my arms are shaping up nicely! If you've heard me vent before this week, you know I'm usually saying that my triceps need major work because I think they "hang," if you will. I know, I know, you all disagree and look at me in disgust just telling me to get over it because I look "tiny". Lies!

Well anyway, my training is smooth sailing right now, just gotta kick up the nutrition factor. However, to give you a feel of how my crazy/intense my weeks are, here is my sample schedule (aka my actual schedule this week). If it weren't for iCal, I would be a goner.

Monday
11-2: Class
2-6: Atmosphere Lab
6:45-7:40 Cardio
7:40-8:40: Zumba
9-10: Weight training (back)

Tuesday
8-12:30: LOFT
2-3:15: Class
3:35-7:30: Meteorology Internship
8-9: Cardio
9-10: Training (bis & tris)

Wednesday
11-2: Class
3:00-7:30: Internship
8-9: Cardio**
9-10: Training (legs)**
**or vice versa

Thursday
9:30-10:30: Cardio
10:35-11:35: Zumba Gold
2-3:15: Class
3:35-7:30 Internship
7-10: Sorority rush event

Friday
11-2: Class
2:30-3:30: Cardio
3:30-4:30: Training on my own
6-9: LOFT

Saturday
TBA: Cardio
TBA: Training
2:30-6:30: Ann Taylor
5:30-8:30 Sorority Rush event

As you can see, my schedule leaves me little time to myself and less time to sleep. I even have some overlap with events! Eek! Most of the time, I put training before everything, but my sorority is going through our rush process, so some I have to put that first this week. I'm still trying to figure out my balancing act, but I think so far it is going fairly well. I have yet to succumb to falling asleep in class :)

My week looks to be a good one, so I hope you all have a good week as well. Also, how about that Super Bowl? Anyone a little bummed about the commercials? The lack of key plays? I personally found the game a bit boring (although I don't have a huge allegiance to either team), but the night certainly proved to be entertaining!

No comments:

Post a Comment