Saturday, June 9, 2012

Hanging in There

Obviously, I just can't seem to get the hang of blogging on a regular basis these days. But in my defense, I have a very drastic life change lingering over me in t-minus 36 hours. Not that I'm counting. I really don't want to count because it makes it all that much more real, and therefore unacceptable.

Also, I've had a very busy week:
All the red is work, the blue is going-away stuff.
Don't let that empty space fool you--that's errands/workouts.
But first, let's discuss last week, and my not-so brilliant idea of running to the gym, working out, and running back from the gym. I think I managed that two days in a row before I decided that my level of insanity is far greater than I ever imagined. Running to the gym is 3 miles. Which also means at least 3 miles back. But I like to go the long way, which is less rolling hills and more downhill--this adds on an additional 0.25-0.5 miles. I'll take the lesser of the evils, distance over elevation change. Working out in between was the killer though. And I'm pretty sure I didn't chose the most opportune time of the day weather-wise. But hey--I managed and can't say that I regret running!

That being said, I opted not to run the 4 the Wounded 5k last weekend--it just wasn't in the cards, but instead I spent time with friends and got in a pretty brutal Crossfit workout. You know it's a good day when you tell your workout partner, "You pick the poison," and then you beat him at his own game. 17:31 minutes later and I was done with 5 rounds of 25x 45lb push-presses and 50 double unders. Add about a 1:38 minutes and he finally caught up due to my words of encouragement. I don't think I've ever heard someone cuss so much while jump roping! Of course I'm kidding, but hey, let me have my victory!


I've had to come to the nasty realization this week that yes, this is my last week in Charlottesville. Throughout the past month or so, I've been in denial about this whole thing, trying to make things work out in my favor, but to no avail. Now, I'm finally very reluctantly embracing accepting that things just aren't meant to be here. Or something like that. 5 years in one city--and I look at these years as more than just a college experience because I did build a life here by working throughout college--and it's all done. I'm regressing--I'm going back to Virginia Beach (I can't call it home), and it feels forced even though it is a sad excuse for a choice. It's the better of the 2 options I have right now.

Yes, I do have a plan, and no, I do not intend to stay somewhere that I know I will not be happy. But that's where I'll be for the next year, and I feel like I'm just setting myself up to be stuck in limbo for that time. It's not all bad--I have some opportunities down there, but it doesn't feel right leaving right now. Moving has never been this hard before, and it's been taking a noticeable toll on me for a while now. Once down in VB, I have to start making a temporary life, but do I really want to go through the motions of settling in somewhere that I plan on leaving sooner rather than later?

I know that's no way to look at relocating. Those are just my concerns and my underlying questions. I promise, I'm REALLY giving it my all to at least appear to be positive these days! I've cried on very very few shoulders for that reason. Also because I refuse to appear vulnerable through this. Needless to say, this is a very tough weekend.

But enough of that! It's sunny outside, so I should try to reflect that, right?

Positive Thoughts

 I ordered the new Nike Free Run+ 3s. In neon pink. Did you really expect any less from me. Verdict is still being reached.

Why yes, I am pretty awesome at my job if I do say so myself! You can't really tell here, but I created the setup of this little shop within the store and I think it is very inviting. And obviously colorful. I think this is the only kind of creativity I have...and the only practical application for my amazing puzzle skills! True (random) fact: I freaking LOVE puzzles!

 Stacy made me go to Starbucks with her. And by "made me," I mean she really didn't have to say anything other than "Starbucks?" She brought along a Dove chocolate for each of us, and I must admit that lately, Dove has been right on with their sayings. This one told me "You're gorgeous." Not an exclamation, but a statement. Which, if you revert back to English 101, means it's a fact. They have their facts right.

 I ordered a Megarita at a going-away dinner with my Newsplex crew. Megarita means 3-in-1 according to Wild Wing Cafe. Unbeknownst to me, it was the same price as the small on Wednesday--win in my book. Double win that I was able to make it the "skinny" version.

 I finished it right when I finished my meal. The waitress asked if I wanted another. I may have responded "Hell no." What?! She basically asked if I wanted another 3 margaritas! Uhhh, I don't even have the tolerance for the one I DID finish!

 Stacy and I had a Girl's Night last night. We both just got haircuts earlier in the day. She's awesome and chopped off an entire 8 inches(!!) to donate to Pantene's Beautiful Lengths program.

I am truly going to miss Stacy and Maggie/Maggles/Maggie-Doo/(insert other nicknames here). One of my greatest, truest friends to-date in Cville.

Not to mention I had to say a very sad non-goodbye (we can't do those apparently) to my gym stepmom, Toni, on Thursday. Complete with more Starbucks. I've been a well-caffeinated and well-fed girl this week. I think I'm officially 4 pant sizes larger! Not.

Now I'm off for more last weekend festivities (if you can even call them that), before I pack my car tomorrow and make the drive to VB during the night. I think the only thing I'm looking forward to is joining this badass gym!

No comments:

Post a Comment