Thursday, March 15, 2012

Beach Weekend. AGAIN?!

Tomorrow I'm visiting the pups and my mom and sister in Virginia Beach! (El, if you don't want your name/title scratched through, give me my money! Oh, and send me what I told you to last month!) I don't know what it is, but lately I've been taking trips down there every few weekends, pretty much whenever I have a weekend off. For as much as I'm looking forward to this weekend, I'm also sort of dreading it, because I have to get some stuff sorted out. Oh, and it's St. Patrick's Day weekend and for the second year in a row, it will probably be a dry one. Who am I kidding, I'm only like 1/16th Irish anyway. Hence my glowingly tan skin (and the numerous comments I get on "not being a typical ginger" day after day)!

Anyways, I'm a little off my routine these days. Work has me going to the gym at all different times lately, and by the time I do get there--whether it's 4:45, 6:45, or 9:15--I'm mad tired and can barely eek out what I consider to be a half-assed workout. I think my body and my mind are working at two entirely different paces. I'm having trouble sleeping and just keeping my energy level up, which may have something to do with some very eerie dreams I've woken up to lately. For instance, yesterday I woke up to a nightmare about a former coworker (one I haven't seen in months), and it just so happened that at work that morning, she was one of the first clients that walked through the door. To say I was a little freaked out is an understatement.

Despite the dreams, even if I am able to fall asleep relatively easily, I wake up super tired, as though I've been running a marathon in my sleep (okay, yes, that is an exaggeration). Can I blame the weather? Speaking of which--it has been GORGEOUS here lately! I managed to get some spring cleaning under my belt this morning, after having trashed my room yesterday pulling out a weather-appropriate work outfit. True fact--I don't like clutter. I don't like messes. Sure, I leave a few key things lying around, but for the most part, I like things to be neat and organized. Which would be a lot easier if I had my own nice apartment instead of the current shit hole that I live in. But yes, so pulling out spring clothes meant packing up winter clothes and taking those to Virginia Beach with me tomorrow--I figure since I'm not staying in Cville, but I don't know where I am going, I might as well get stuff out of the apartment now while I don't have to deal with all the college kids moving at the same time. (Hooray for run-on sentences!).

Back to the gym--apparently I'm SO easily sidetracked these days... my workouts are far from desirable. Ideally, I would be there now if I could, finishing up the workout that I walked out on earlier today. Good news is this: I'm up to 25-30 double unders at a time now! Oh, and I'm now the proud owner of a 15lb Title Boxing medicine ball! Although I had to wait an extra week and a half to get the correct size since they sent me a 13-pounder instead and now I have to go out of my way to get to the UPS store to send the incorrect one back... I thought Amazon was supposed to be easy! I tried wall balls for the first time on Monday, and would love to go at it again with the right size medicine ball now. I guess the good thing about CrossFit workouts is that you're essentially just competing against yourself. Oh goodness.

Enough complaining! Here are some reasons I have to be not miserable:
  • Double unders--still improving! And at a greater rate than my competition.
  • I'm getting my hair cut tomorrow! Hello, healthy hair!
  • My aunt that is currently a medical sales rep is AWESOME and passing along my resume/info for positions through her company. (Thanks, Aunt Susan!)
  • The weather is warm, I'll be at the beach--there is no way I'm leaving VB without laying out ON THE BEACH and running at Seashore State Park. I just have to remember to get there a back way since the Shamrock Marathon and Half are this weekend.
  • Archie. Puppy love > anything else. Or so I tell myself. It's unconditional, right?
  • I got to hang out with this sweet girl on Monday:
Maggie! She wouldn't let me take a pic with her though!
  •  It's sandal season! True fact: I hate feet, so I'm sorry to subject you to this picture of mine. And they are sweaty runner/athlete feet, so they're not even nice. And I have absurdly long toes. Awkward:
I am apparently obsessed with neons.
  •  I tried rocking knee socks to the gym and I don't think I failed (at rocking them... The workout--probably a fail):

 Damn. Oh, did I mention I have a meeting for a potential job life opportunity tomorrow? Could be one of the many reasons I'm anxious these days.

2 comments: