Reasons to Love on August
- It's my birthday month! Yes, I'm that girl that loves a month because it happens to be her birth-month. I've been known to take the
shoppingcelebrating to an extreme with phrases such as "Well, it's my birthday/week/month!" Only 24 more days (but who's counting?!)!!
- Summer is winding down. Now normally I'd be against this; however, I'm officially a college graduate, which means no more school (this year at least)! This will be my first year as a C'villian without being a student. I get to experience more of the city/town from a resident's perspective. Also, with the summer winding down, that means temperatures are (hopefully) easing up and Fall is soon to follow!
- One more month til I get my puppy back! This goes hand-in-hand with the temperature thing. Cooler temperatures = an apartment temperature fit for a pup. Miss my little guy so. much.
- I (find out if I) get my promotion at LOFT this week! Okay, so really it's in the bag, I got the gig. But my manager was on vacation last week, and she technically has to chat with the district manager with whom I interviewed on Thursday before I'm actually offered the promotion. AND I get to meet the district manager when she's in for a store visit tomorrow!
- I start training/working at the downtown restaurant NEXT MONDAY!! I'm extremely excited for this because not only have I never had the opportunity to be a cocktail server (merely a waitress), but I've never had the opportunity to work downtown either. Previously, I've worked in a Ruby Tuesday here in town, and I never felt like I belonged. I love Downtown Charlottesville, and I'm glad I get the chance to work there on a weekly basis! (Okay, I know you all are sick and tired of hearing about this and LOFT--which you should check out this weekend, just saying!!)
- I get another trip home before my mom starts back up teaching! I'm not exactly sure when she starts back at school, but I'm headed home for a dental cleaning on the 22nd, so that means not only am I home, but I'm home around my birthday! Yay! I'm sure at that point, I'll be plenty busy with my jobs so it will only be a day trip, but it's a trip none-the-less! And I'll get to see my sister's apartment at school (ODU)!
- My Vitamix, care of my dad, should be here in a few days! Blend, blend, blend! I'm going to jump at every chance I get to use this sucker!
- Financial woes be gone! So starts the money-saving for my November competition! Oh yeah, and I suppose I can pay off some of my credit card too ;)
Do you like August? If so, why? If not, what's your absolute fave month?!