Monday, April 2, 2012

And I Quote:

"Wait long enough and people will surprise and impress you. He said, when you are pissed off at somebody, and you're angry at them, you just haven't given them enough time. Just give them a little more time — and they'll almost always impress you. And that really stuck with me. I think he's absolutely right on that one."

This is really a quote within a quote. The bold can be attributed to a one mister Jon Snoddy. The normal font can be attributed to Randy Pausch, author of The Last Lecture. About four years ago, I picked up The Last Lecture after moving into my first apartment at the end of the summer of 2008. I was going through a bit of a rough time, and I was not necessarily looking to find answers but to take my mind off of the situation at hand. Needless to say, I fell in love with the truth with which Randy Pausch wrote.

It was simple--this was a man that was dying and yet he seemed to have all the answers. Answers about friendships, relationships, life, dying. Somehow, he knew it all. But as seen by above quote, he had a little help along the way.

I think we are always a little judgmental, making first impressions about people that we meet. And like he says, we don't give people enough time when we are up in arms over things. I think for even just mental health reasons, this quote holds true. I'm THE most impatient person in the world. In fact, I would be in the Guinness Book of World Records if that was a category. But as they say, patience is a virtue, and I'm slowly but surely learning. Patience is an art really. I just haven't quite mastered it yet.

Anyways, just a quick little blog. I'm much too tired to really get into this one--should have planned ahead. But a long day of work leaves little energy to think. Also, the quote is pretty self-explanatory. Just wait long enough and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment