Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Changes Galore!

So much to do, so little time! Who needs an extra hour in each day? I need like 3 extra! Classes are winding down and I'm simultaneously getting nitty gritty with my training and prep. This week: carb depletion! So far? Not too bad. I didn't really have any caffeine yesterday (okay, okay, I had a couple sips of caffeinated tea yesterday afternoon), but I felt okay by the afternoon evening. I hadn't really been training as I should be, so yesterday was the first day of my two-a-days and the point of this week is to make up for "lost" time. I say lost in quotations, because it's not that I haven't been doing the workouts, but rather I've been going at them in a way that isn't giving me the results I need. In addition to that, I am going to be getting my meal plans from another bodybuilding/figure trainer, but more on that later this week.

Today is Day 2 of my new workout style and my carb depletion, and I'm still feeling good! Haven't fallen asleep in class or anything like that yet. Although, I did mean to get up at 5:30 to go for my first 30 minute run this morning, but when I let the pup out and realized it was still dark, I changed my mind. I didn't feel like running on a treadmill and I had to be at work pretty early this morning, so I didn't get my cardio in until around noon. Better late than never. Something else I have been underestimating--stretching. Apparently my body is not flexible whatsoever. I blame 4 years of track and cross country back in high school. Now that I think about it, maybe that's why I was a terrible swimmer back then (yeah, I swam for 3 of those 4 years too, before running took over my life). By the time I was done with everything at the gym today, I was running late for class--granted I had an hour to get ready, but in that time I would have to be internship appropriate too. So wasn't gonna happen. Hence, me missing class. Oops.

When I got home though, there was a LOVELY package waiting for me...from bodybuilding.com! Gotta love how speedy they are! I placed my order yesterday--whey & casein protein powders (I went with Optimum Nutrition), Scivation Xtend, and BSN CellMass--and this morning when I checked the tracking info, it said it was already in route! New fave website (if it wasn't already--wait, that's a lie, I love this website and all my lovely blogs!)!! However, I'm poor now. Sigh, looking for a second part-time job until I can find a full-time career. So I sort of have 2 job searches going on simultaneously.

Anyway, I have to head to the Newsplex now, can't be late! Just wanted to fill you all in on the changes to my training/prep. Sorry I don't have time to add pics, but I will really try to post a bit later!!

No comments:

Post a Comment